A Massage Therapist's Guide to Pathology exceeded my expectations for information quality, organization, and visuals.”
A ground-breaking textbook for massage therapy students and teachers.
Delivers a comprehensive review of 500+ need-to-know health conditions.
Working with clients who have health conditions can be a challenge for massage therapists. A Massage Therapist’s Guide to Pathology provides the tools to design safe, effective, evidence-informed treatment plans for hundreds of conditions.
Builds strong clinical reasoning and thinking skills.
This textbook helps build the higher-level thinking to analyze a client’s condition, examine evidence-based information, and identify the most appropriate treatment.
Presents refreshingly clear, well-organized, and easy-to-understand content.
Written with skill and passion, the textbook makes pathology fascinating and easy to understand.
Prepares students for licensing exams.
Updated with the latest research, A Massage Therapist’s Guide to Pathology is a vital resource for confidently preparing for the MBLEx and other exams.
Becomes a life-long clinical reference.
Whether students work on their own or in a clinic, franchise, spa, or hospital, this textbook will become a trusted, go-to resource throughout their careers.
Offers instructors easy access to a wide range of resources.
By requiring A Massage Therapist’s Guide to Pathology for coursework, you’ll gain access to a powerhouse collection of complimentary instructor resources for every lesson and learning style.
See sample instructor resources.
Informs practitioners about the latest applicable research.
Completely updated research ensures students work with the most current, vetted understanding of the scientific literature.
New features in the 7th edition:
- Client Profiles relate course material to real-life situations, making pathology relevant for students.
- Critical Thinking, Practical Application Exercises let students apply pathology to the client profiles and engage in real-world learning.
- Apply What You Know Boxes include the benefits and risks of treatment, massage therapy accommodations, and current research.
- Revised Explore and Apply Questions at the end of each chapter delve into critical thinking steps.
- Completely Updated Research assists students in designing safe, effective, evidence-informed treatment plans.
"My students and I could not survive without this amazing resource! I'm confident we are all able to ethically and professionally respond to the majority of signs, symptoms, and medications we encounter in our daily massage and bodywork practices. A must have for EVERY massage therapist's library."”