A Massage Therapist's Guide to Pathology, 6th Edition
A Massage Therapist’s Guide to Pathology, 6th Edition
Author: Ruth Werner, LMP, NCTMB
Help your students build strong clinical reasoning skills with the new edition of Ruth Werner’s bestselling pathology text for massage therapist students. (Also available as an enhanced interactive eBook.)
A Massage Therapist’s Guide to Pathology, 6th edition, continues to set the standard for pathology courses with up-to-date, high-value content, an outstanding illustration program, and the author’s trademark accessible writing style. Written with skill and passion, Werner’s text makes pathology fascinating and understandable for massage therapy students as it prepares them to work independently or within a health care team to make choices that result in the best possible outcomes for clients living with a wide range of diseases and disorders.
Reflecting the latest research, the sixth edition offers a strong focus on evidence-informed practice. And, to keep pace with evolving standards, it is now ELAP-compliant, has testing formats compatible with the MBLEx exam, and features updated content consistent with the DSM-V. For prior users, a detailed chapter-by-chapter conversion guide is available to ease transition from the fifth to the sixth edition.
Student resources for each chapter
- Engaging crossword puzzles, hangman-style games, and gameshow questions help build familiarity with important ideas.
- Flashcards reinforce concepts of the “In Brief” feature, and a second set of flashcards reviews Greek/Latin roots and their English equivalents.
- Practice quizzes help students assess their understanding and prepare for exams.
- An audio glossary assists in pronunciation and key term mastery.
- Interactive labeling exercises give students hands-on practice in labeling figures from the book.
- Modality recommendation charts provide guidance on massage in different modalities for each condition.
Instructor resources, organized by condition and chapter
- Curriculum guidelines, “Secrets of Teaching Pathology” from the author, offer suggestions on customizing a pathology course to individual needs including how to choose content, how to use quizzes and examinations, examples of student projects, and more.
- Chapter objectives are ELAP-ready for faculty convenience.
- Lecture notes in outline form can be used for teaching notes, student handouts, or both.
- An image bank with all of the art from the text is available in an easily downloadable format.
- PowerPoint slides with embedded images streamline lecture preparation.
- The test bank, written in 2 levels (“receive and respond”/ “application of concepts”) better reflects the MBLEx exam and is ideal for quizzes, tests, and homework assignments.